Hey guys if you need a gift for your mom, aunt, sister or yourself here are just a few suggestions on great gifts for the ladies on your list. There is so much to choose from jewelry, clothing, shoes, makeup, skincare and more.
Valentine’s Day is coming up and these would make a great gift for your spouse, girlfriend, mom or yourself. This is a limited edition bath care set. It smells amazing and the body butter is so luxurious. To order visit http://youravon.com/vlett or click the image.
Hey I am having a beauty giveaway when I reach 1000 VIP club members I will choose a winner. I will be giving away a makeup brush set, eye shadow palette and some lipsticks. Please comment below what palette you would like to win.
To enter just sign up to become a member of my beauty VIP club. I will have beauty tips, coupons giveaways and more. It’s free to join and no you won’t be spammed.
Please click the link blow to join Beauty VIP Club Fill in your information and confirm and you are entered into the giveaway. Please share this post and help me get to 1000 VIP club members.
Someone on Twitter recently asked me how I got started and wanted my advice. So here are some things that any aspiring makeup artist should know. Sorry to get this post out so late. I hope it helps you out.
1. Practice on your friends and family or stranger’s. Take before and after pictures. You need to practice on both young and old.
2. If you can afford makeup artist classes then definitely invest. I at the time couldn’t so I watched YouTube videos and practiced. I also learned from books.
3. Build your makeup artist kit with palettes for eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, contour. Highlight, primers, skincare, color correctors etc…
4. Learn the color wheel this will help you with mixing colors for a client. Complementary colors cancel out each other. For example if a client has redness then a green color corrector will even it out.
5. Learn the different face shapes and what looks will be best for each face shape.
6. Build a professional portfolio join ModelMayhem.com or purpleport.com and network with the other photographers, models and other makeup artist in your area
7. Purchase business cards or make your own if you’re good with graphic design
8. Start building your website and have it where clients can book your services online
9. Make sure you don’t need a cosmetology or esteician license in your area to do makeup
10. Get a lawyer to help you draw up contracts especially if you’re doing bridal makeup. This will help you in case a client has a reaction to any products used.
I have been doing a February Photo a Day challenge for this year. The photo for February 24, 2015 is Cruelty Free makeup. I knew of some but when I researched to find out what is cruelty free in my kit. I discovered many brands I use are cruelty free. Here is a small list of popular cruelty free makeup brands.
1. e.l.f Cosmetics
2. Eco Tools
3. It Cosmetics
4. J. Cat Beauty
5. Jordana Cosmetics
6. L.A. Colors
7. L.A Girl
8. Milani Cosmetics
9. NYX Cosmetics
10. Urban Decay
11. Too Faced Cosmetics
12. Shany Cosmetics
13. Smashbox Cosmetics